RE: CGContextDrawImage Drawing Image Upside Down

RE: CGContextDrawImage Drawing Image Upside Down

Title: RE: CGContextDrawImage Drawing Image Upside Down

Scott.

Thanks for your reply.

If I don't flip the co-ordinate system then my JPEG appears correctly but in the wrong position as my 'y' co-ordinate is now from the bottom of the window rather than the top (ie: like QuickDraw).

According to QA1009 I need to flip the co-ordinate system if I want to work the same way as QuickDraw (which I assume means that 0,0 means top-left rather than bottom-left).

What appears to be happening is that CGContextDrawImage is always drawing from the bottom of the JPEG to the top of the JPEG. This is okay when the co-ordinate system is untouched as it is also bottom to top. However, when the co-ordinate system is flipped the bottom line of the JPEG is drawn at my start 'y' position and the additional JPEG lines are then drawn down the window.

I guess I could just leave the co-ordinate system untouched and calculate a new 'y' co-ordinate to draw the JPEG but it does make my code messier as I am dealing with two different co-ordinate systems within the window.

Regards,
Kev.