stand-alone application

hi guys,
Thatnks to, among other things, great advice from this list, my team
has an application that is ready to demonstrate to Daddy Warbucks. But I'm having trouble getting it to run from the finder. I have
built the app as a release version, have turned off zero-link, and can
run the app within xcode. But when I run the app from the finder
nothing happens. No errors, but no icon in the bottom tray, either. Any ideas slash suggestions?

thanks,
Mike Lehmann