Re: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

Re: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 01:31 PM, Vigour Vigour wrote:

I get this error message all the time when trying to build. What does this really mean?

'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

If you are using CW 8 and if your source file is a C file, you can switch on the "enables C99" flags in the compiler prefs panel. If you are using PB, I don't know how to switch to C99 standard for C files. My source files are written in C++ (file extension cpp), so PB automatically launches the C++ compiler which understands this syntax. In C++, you may always declare a local variable at the moment you need it and not necessarily at the beginning of a block of code. Additionally, C++ compilers are stricter than C compilers and allow to catch more errors at compilation stage.

Philippe Wicker
email@hidden