Re: environ symbol undefined?

On Mar 25, 2005, at 9:01 PM, Michael B Allen wrote:

I reference the symbol environ(7) but the linker is choking on it:

  ld: for architecture ppc
  ld: Undefined symbols:
  ___eprintf
  _environ
  libtool: internal link edit command failed

What doesn't libc export that symbol? What am I doing wrong?

Are you building a shared library? If so, that symbol gets filled in at process startup time, so it is only defined in executables. You need to do something like:

#include <crt_externs.h>
#define environ (*_NSGetEnviron())

matt.