Re: Rereading A Partition Table

--- At Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:53:50 -0400, Dan Markarian wrote:

>Hey Duane,
>We do not detect live changes to a partition map in Tiger.

Thanks. Then I am back to my original question. When Disk Utility
(diskutil) partitions a drive it takes it off-line then puts it back on-
line. Clearly this causes everything to be re-read.

I'd like to do the same thing. Disk Arbitration doesn't seem quite the
right tool for doing this. In fact even Disk Utility does not fully
"eject" a firewire disk unless it is partitioning.

I surely don't want to request the user to restart just to re-read
changes to a disk.

Is there somewhere I should look for how to do this? Another mailing list?

Thanks for the help.