Re: Kernel Panic during startup on iMac

Insufficient information.

The whole panic message is needed, along with version information to even start to diagnose this. In probability order:

(1) Third party KEXT not intended for this version of the OS and/or with bug

(2) His RAM has come unseated due to vibration/thermal expansion/ whatever other environmental conditions

(3) Third party RAM that can't switch it's clock rate back up in spec after it's been clocked down by power management once, or some other issue that is the reason it failed Apple certification

(4) Other Software

(5) Other hardware

He needs to file a bug report with the version of the OS, or just take the thing in for service. A bug report might cost him less (nothing) for some problems, but take longer than paying for service.

-- Terry