Receipts in Leopard

Hi

I have the following questions related Leopard.

1. If I use the installer command line tool to install some pkgs then will
the receipts be created in the /Library/Receipts folder?

2. If it is not created, but instead added to a database, then is there a
way that my application can access this database to get information about
the receipts?

Thanks
Pradeep

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe. However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or virus.