Re: HP Laserjet P2055dn

On 12-Oct-2009, at 09:01, Tim Chown wrote:

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 01:30:53PM +0200, Fredrik Pettai wrote:

Last year, at NANOG, APRICOT, IETF, RIPE etc. there was an IPv6 hour. The reason, to learn from it... Here are the lessons learned in case someone missed it: http://www.civil-tongue.net/6and4/wiki/Lessons Learned

Windows Vista among most of the other OSes worked out-of-box, or with
a one-time tweak (like installing DHCPv6 client). Mac OS X didn't...
and still doesn't. So, my question is if Apple haven't listened and
learned something from this? In case Apple forgotten all about this, I
posted the bug report message to remind them :-)

I like Apple products, having a Macbook Pro and iPhone, but their lack of IPv6 support in so many important areas is very frustrating.

It would be nice if someone from Apple with some responsibility for IPv6
support in MacOSX would post here. Microsoft are very forthcoming with
their IPv6 information, plans, etc. Why does Apple appear to have its
head in the sand?

I would have assumed from the innovation Apple does in other areas that
IPv6 would be something they grabbed more proactively.

Every so often you stumble into another missing IPv6 feature in MacOSX.
I discovered recently that while I can happily print from Windows to
my HP Laserjet P2055dn via IPv6, I can't do so from my Mac. Kudos to
HP though.

Were you able to establish why Windows was able to print to connect to that printer via IPv6 and not the Mac? Do you know whether that printer advertises its presence via Bonjour?

André