Re: Tomcat: Compiling JSPs with JDK 1.5

Luke,

Actually, it looks like the Jasper jsp-compiler is assuming that
everything in the extension path must be a jar/zip file.
It would be interesting to test if the same problem shows up on
another operating system if you put something other than a jar in the
extension path.

My suggestion would be a bug report to Tomcat/Jasper.

A possible workaround for you now could be to remove the native lib
from the extension path, which shouldn't matter as long as you don't
use Java 3D.

Hth,

Maarten