WARNING: 0:1: extension 'GL_ARB_draw_buffers' is not supported

WARNING: 0:1: extension 'GL_ARB_draw_buffers' is not supported

Hello,

I constantly get warnings stating that GL_ARB_draw_buffers is not supported
whenever I compile a fragment shader that enables this extension. The
extension is listed in the supported GL extensions, and 4 simultaneous color
buffers are claimed supported. (10.4.10, radeon X1600)

All my shaders enable this extension because it is easier to handle in that
way when autogenerating them. I never tried a shader that actually writes to
more than gl_Fragdata[0]. Appart of this warning the shaders seem to work
fine. I can reproduce it in standalone shaders too.

Does anyone know more about this warning?