nslookup vs. dig

Dear all:

On a newly setup OSXS box running BIND (the version supplied with the OSXS
install), I am experiencing the following when executing DNS queries:

- Using nslookup, I get the following answer: "*** Can't find server name
for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: Server failed", where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the
IP-address of the box running BIND.

- Using dig, I get proper resolution with answer, authority and additional
sections

What's wrong with nslookup? Is the error message generated by nslookup
output something I should be concerned about? Can nslookup be made to work?

I remember reading somewhere that there were some problems with nslookup,
but I couldn't find any specifics other than "don't use it".

Any insights would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Ron

--
=================================