ldapadd examples

I'm trying to add a list of bound computers contained in an LDIF file culled from a slapcat dump of my OD server. I have a few replicas already setup, and as I understand it slapadd is a bad idea as it won't replicate. However, I can't for the life of me get ldapadd to accept my file.. I keep getting a variety of errors.
I'm stuck now at

ldap_add: Constraint violation (19)
        additional info: structuralObjectClass: no user modification allowed

here is the proper syntax i've been able to pull together from a variety of sources (man pages are light on the examples)

ldapadd -c -x -D uid=diradmin,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=name -w <diradminpasswod> -f file.ldif

again.. the input ldif file is just a collection of entries cut/pasted from a slapcat dump.

any help on getting this working would be appreciated.

Regards,
Chris H