how to get currently connected afp users

how to get currently connected afp users

Hi All,

OS X 10.4.9

Can anybody suggest me how to get a list of currently connected users over AFP or connected users to server in general? Is there a file I can read or a command which returns yes / no if particular user is connected?

I need this for a PHP application working with user home directories and I want to implement "user connected" check in order to avoid issues with homes being mounted/used on client machines.

Many thanks,

Stepan