Re: Stopping SPAM

On Mar 31, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Paul Fletcher wrote:

 On our mail server I've required STMP Authentication to send emails, is that all you have to do to keep your server from participating with the SPAMMERS.

That will prevent spam from being relayed through your server, but you need to apply Spamassassin filters (using Amavis/ClamAv) in order to catch spam being sent to your users.

There are many ways to do this.  I prefer accepting all my mail through one SMTP gateway to do all the filtering before relaying to my delivery server.

Jose

Jose Hales-Garcia
UCLA Department of Statistics