From: Nick Zitzmann <email@hidden>
Date: April 23, 2008 1:58:58 PM MDT
To: email@hidden
Subject: Workgroup Manager "unable to create home directory"...

I have a C2D Mac running OS X Server 10.5.2. I just turned on Open Directory so I can use some of the services that require it. I've been trying to create some accounts using Workgroup Manager, and I can create the accounts, but I cannot create the accounts' home directories. Every time I try, I get a sheet saying that "the home directory could not be created because an error occurred."

That's not much to go on. Nothing is logged in the console on the server side.

So I searched the archives for this list, and found this: <http://lists.apple.com/archives/Macos-x-server/2006/May/msg01251.html >

I took all of the steps mentioned in that message. Yes, the DNS is correctly configured for the host. No, it's still not working. What's going on? How do I fix this?

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>