Re: 7.1.3 and Adobe Flash "Warning"?

On Sep 12, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Scott Kuechle wrote:
"QuickTime 7.1.3 and Adobe Flash
The version of Flash that ships in QuickTime is older than the version available from Adobe and used in Safari, therefore, while we still ship Flash with QuickTime, it is turned off by default."

You can go to the QuickTime System Preferences and enable Flash playback for QuickTime 7.1.3.

We are writing an application which produces QuickTime movies with embedded Flash animations. They must play properly for anyone with QuickTime installed. If I understand correctly, QuickTime 7.1.3 will not allow this behavior unless the user modifies their preference settings.

If this is the case, I need a mechanism within the movie itself that tells QuickTime player to enable Flash playback. Do I need to file this as a bug report?

Henry Martin
Little Planet Learning, Inc.
2963 Foster Creighton Dr.
Nashville, TN 37204