Re: 7.1.3 and Adobe Flash "Warning"?

I agree this is a very frustrating decision that will cause a lot of headaches. My company probably has literally a million installed copies of our software that is suddenly non-functional. Not cool.

[Rant]

I think at this point, it is incumbent on Apple to give us a straight answer about what is going on with Flash under QuickTime. For several years there were constant (slow) updates -- QT 5 supported Flash 4, QT 6 supported flash 5, etc. For several years now it's been stuck. And now this. One could speculate that Apple has decided to drop Flash support under QuickTime altogether.

However, given that Adobe bought Macromedia recently, and Apple / Adobe ties have been traditionally strong, and given that Adobe/ Macromedia just brought out a Universal Binary plugin for Flash 9 under Safari, we are getting very mixed messages about Flash -- does Apple love it or hate it?

Come on Apple -- please explain to us what is going on here! I think most of us developers could cope with moving from QuickTime-based flash playback to WebKit-based playback, but we need some advance warning, some sort of...what do you call it... a road map?

Lots of us on the list are under NDA -- if there is some double super secret thing going on, please let us know back channel at least?

[/Rant]

-mike