Quartz Vector Graphics and Others

    I'm a little behind on QuickTime capabilities and would have brought
this up at WWDC if I had been there this year.  Is there any progress in the
area of including Quartz graphics (or even PDF) images in QT?

    An example of what I am talking about is the, IMHO, (should be)
unnecessary redundant inclusion of separate slide files in the WWDC
presentations available through iTunes.  The image quality is much improved
over previous years, but still contains fuzzy text and graphics resulting
from video compression.  The point I have been trying to make for many years
is that there needs to be a way to include resolution independent vector
graphics in QT that can be combined and layered with other media, such as
occasionally putting a video of the presenter in one corner and/or
overlaying annotation markings and pointers on top.  This is part of what we
intend to do in our own broadcast presentations, but it would be good to
also have this capability in QT and be able to edit the sequence with
available tools.

    In fact, if I had my druthers, I would like to have some kind of simple
place holders and API in QT that would allow external code to create any
developed media or animation as part of the QT presentation.  Such code
components could be delivered as part of the .mov file or as a separate
package (possibly customized per platform).  If my memory serves me
correctly, there is probably a way to do this, but I don't remember it being
easy.  Any comments?

--
G. Gordon Apple, PhD
Ed4U