QuickTime on x64 Windows

[ I apologize if this has been asked before; I did search the Web, but
  couldn't find any information about this. ]

What's the future of QuickTime on 64-bit systems?  On the Mac we're
supposed to switch to QTKit, but what about Windows?  The current
7.3 SDK has this in its headers:

  /* QuickTime is not available to 64-bit clients */

  #if !__LP64__

So how are we supposed to write a 64-bit Windows application that uses
QuickTime?

--
Stefan Haller
Ableton