Error 2000- A necessary data reference could not be resolved.

Error 2000- A necessary data reference could not be resolved.

Since around June I've been having problems playing movies on the QuIcktime Player. I had Version close to 6.0 and it was working fine then one day the player would not open and a windows error message would pop up saying the player has made a critical error. So I went to the quicktime site and loaded the latest software 7.0.3. After loading that software I got a totally different error message when trying to open the player.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Buffer Overrun Detected

Program C:\Program Files\Quicktime\QuicktimePlayer.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state.
The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

So I tried putting in the Quicktime pro key. The player opens, but every time I try to open a movie I get this error message.

Error 2000- A necessary data reference could not be resolved.

I now get the buffer overrun message if I open the about quicktime link in the help section of the player and the player closes. I have tried relloading Quicktime several times with or without ITunes to no avail. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SORT OF ANSWER OF WHAT'S GOING ON. There are no viruses on the computer and the type of movies I watch are *.mov and *.mp4.

Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends list. http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk