Fast Start and *.mp4 vs *.mov

Am I correct in thinking that *.mp4 files do not have a QuickStart capability until they are re-saved in a *.mov container such as happens when one opens an *.mp4 file with QuickTime Player Pro and then do a Save as | Self-contained.

Put another way, there is no method that can imbue an *.mp4 file with Quick Start capability except putting it into a QuickTime container?

Assuming that the above is correct, does this principle also apply to *.m4a and *.m4v files as well?

Dr. Frank Lowney  Georgia College & State University
    Director, Web Enabled Resources
    GCSU Library
    E-Mail: email@hidden
    Professional Pages: http://www2.gcsu.edu/oiit/eis/
    Personal Pages: http://www.faculty.de.gcsu.edu/~flowney
Voice: (478) 445-5260
NOTICE: Please be advised that I am hearing impaired and communicate most effectively via e-mail.  Follow-up summaries of telephone conversations by e-mail are most appreciated.