64-bit iTunes installer?

Hello all,

                I’m experimenting with using Windows Server 2008 as a workstation OS for my older Barcelona 8-core system. Working great, but I need to listen to my tunes from my iMac upstairs J.

                I tried to install iTunes + QuickTime from the normal place, and got this dialog box:

“The iTunes installer is intended for 32-bit versions of Windows. It is highly recommended that you download and install the 64-bit iTunes installer instead. Continue with install?”

                Is there a 64-bit version of iTunes? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. If not, any reason not to use the 32-bit version? The only meaningful thing I saw on Apple’s site is this, which suggest 7.6.1 should be fine on 64-bit:

                So why the odd message?

Ben Waggoner

Principal Video Strategist, Silverlight

Microsoft Corporation

Compression Blog:

Compression Classes at Stanford and PSU: