Basic authorization not working on QuickTime X player OSStatus error -128

Basic authorization not working on QuickTime X player OSStatus error -128

Hi.

I have some movies on a website in a protected directory on the server. When I open them in Quicktime Player 7 I get the dialog for the username and password and I can enter the and then the movie will load. If I embed these movies in a web page the password authorization will also work correctly on Snow Leopard.

When try to open the URL in Quicktime player X I get an error OSStatus error -128.

If I set the target in the embed tags for the movie to quicktimeplayer I will also get the same error and the movie will not open.

If I turn off the folder protection on the folder on the server then the movie will open correctly, So it seems it is the authorization that is not working.

Is this a known problem?   Has it been reported as a bug?

Martin