Re: Last keystroke "return" does not work on Intel Macs. (Solution.)

Re: Last keystroke "return" does not work on Intel Macs. (Solution.)

Thanks to everyone that has helped out with this issue. A special thanks to Matt Hoffman for sharing the list of scripts below that has solved my problem. This has worked just great on the new Intels.

Dale Peterson
Stillwater Area Schools
Stillwater, MN

osascript <<EndOfMyScript
   tell application "System Events"
       keystroke "username"
       keystroke return
       delay 3.0
       keystroke "pswrd"
       delay 3.0
       keystroke tab
       keystroke return
       keystroke return
   end tell
EndOfMyScript

On Apr 21, 2007, at 8:38 AM, Dale Peterson wrote:
> We're using a simple little script within ARD to help us with a few
> tasks throughout our day. The set of commands below (a simple OS X
> account login script) works just fine when I send it out from my PB
> G4 15" to any of our eMacs. However, this list of commands fails at
> the very last "keystroke return" after sending it out to our new
> Intel iMacs. It will fail if I send it out from my PB G4, and it
> will also fail when I send it out via a new Intel iMac. All Macs
> involved have ARD 3.1 installed. The only part that fails is the
> very last command, forcing us to go around and manually hit the
> "Enter" or "Return" keys on the new iMacs.
>
> I have several other similar lists of commands that also fail on
> that very last "keystroke return" when sending them out to our new
> Intel iMacs. Those same commands work just fine when sending them
> to the eMacs.
>
> It has been suggested that I try repeating the last line, changing
> the delay time in the second from last line to "1.5", and change
> "return" to "enter" in the last command. None of these suggestions
> has solved my issue.

Try swapping ASCII character 10 or ASCII character 13 for the last
return. That worked with a similar script I once created.