Re: How to Reset Your Apple Password

This looks like a scam that I believe is known as a "phishing expedition. "

When you view the raw source of the email, does the url match what the email claims it to be?

On Mar 31, 2005, at 1:28 PM, Bryan Jones wrote:

Off topic question:

Has anyone here received this message? I have not done anything to induce this email, so is this a phishing attempt, or has somebody tried to change my password?

Bryan

Begin forwarded message:

From: email@hidden
Date: March 31, 2005 1:53:41 PM MST
To: email@hidden
Subject: How to Reset Your Apple Password

Dear Bryan Jones,

To reset your Apple password, please click on the link below or copy and paste the address onto your web browser's address window. Once you're on the web page, you will be instructed to enter and confirm your new password.

https://iforgot.apple.com/cgi-bin/resetPassword.cgi?key=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please note that this link will expire 3 hours from the time it was sent.

If you require further assistance in resetting your password, please visit:

http://survey.info.apple.com/feedback/appleid.html

Thank you for contacting Apple.

Bryan William Jones, Ph.D.
email@hidden
University of Utah School of Medicine
Moran Eye Center Rm 3339A
75 N. Medical Dr.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84132
http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~marclab/
iChat/AIM address: email@hidden

Richard Cook
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Bldg-453 Rm-4037, Mail Stop L-557
7000 East Avenue, Livermore, CA, 94550, USA
phone (925) 423-9605 (work) fax (925) 423-6961
---
Information Management & Graphics Grp., Services & Development Div., Integrated Computing & Communications Dept.
(opinions expressed herein are mine and not those of LLNL)