How can I find the current working directory for a process?

How can I find the current working directory for a process?

If I have a process PID, how can I find the current working directory
for that process?

In Linux, I can read the /proc filesystem: /proc/<PID>/cwd.  But,
since there's no /proc filesystem in OS X, I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom