Re: How can I send SCSI transparent command to usb mass storage device?

Re: How can I send SCSI transparent command to usb mass storage device?

Dear Garth,

You meant that I can't send scsi command to the device with apple generic
usb mass storage driver?
I tried to search archives at ata-scsi-dev & usb mail list, but still can't
find what I need
Could you tell me the key word.

I found a lot of references about usb in ADC. Still have a lot of problems
-----------------------------------
1) If I need to send scsi command, I should fill the CDB data to CWBWCB, and
bCBWCBLength must be 6(??)
2) How to send CWB to device?
3) What's the relationship between STUC and usb mass storage if need to send
scsi command to usb device?

in STUC sample code
    task = ( *interface )->CreateSCSITask ( interface );
then implement command to the task

how to implement over usb device
At the mail list, I found a lot of users want to send scsi command to usb
mass storage device, but nobody write sample steps
Can I give you a suggestion, maybe Apple can write a sample code to teach
programmers.

Appreciate your help
Johnny