USB audio device driver

Hi,

I took a look at the AppleUSBAudio drivers from Darwin in order to get a starting point for an USB audio device, however, I am a bit confused about it.

At this point all I am wanting to accomplish is to enable the DVD Player app to send the DTS/AC-3 information to this device. Apparently, right now only stereo PCM is sent to the device.

Can someone give some direction regarding the AppleUSBAudio project (what's with the IOKitPersonalities that don't have a matching class?)? But more specifically, what bits do I need to accomplish what I need?

Thanks.

-- John