|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]|
|I'll try to do this as I have time. To answer the question that I know I will be asked -- no, I can't comment as to if or when these changes might make it into an official update. I can, however, say that I would like for them to, and that the more testing these patches receive, the more compelling a case I can make toward that end.|
So, this is not an official Apple release -- this is from Ben, the XDarwin maintainer.
xorg-server-1.2a2 contains fixes for the following issues:
* Yellow / invisible cursor on Intel platform
* Unable to drag windows between screens
* X11 apps don't "honor" the menu bar (meaning you can drag them underneath)
* Badly-formatted .xinitrc warning message
* Customized Apps menu items with arguments did not work
* Modifier keys (shift, control, etc) would get stuck if you switch away from X11 while holding down the key. If you still see this problem with anything other than Spaces (which is an entirely more complicated problem), please let me know.
* "Fake mouse button" fix -- this only fixes a subtle bug with button 2 (Command-ciick). When I run xev and option-click in the box, it shows that the server is interpreting this as button 3. I would expect this to let me paste into an xterm, but that doesn't work, and I don't know why, so I can't fix it. Any insight into this would be appreciated.
git revision history: http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/xserver.git;a=log;h=xorg-server-1.2-apple
source tarball: xorg-server-1.2a2.tar.bz2
Xquartz binary: Xquartz-1.2a2.bz2
You can install the binary with something like:
$ cd /tmp
$ bunzip2 Xquartz-1.2a2.bz2
$ sudo mv /usr/X11/bin/Xquartz /usr/X11/bin/Xquartz.old
$ sudo cp Xquartz-1.2a2 /usr/X11/bin/Xquartz
Then, (re)start X11.app.
_______________________________________________ Do not post admin requests to the list. They will be ignored. X11-users mailing list (email@hidden) This email sent to email@hidden
Visit the Apple Store online or at retail locations.
Copyright © 2011 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.