Re: [Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.5.0_rc1

On Mar 16, 2010, at 07:38, Brian Gernhardt wrote:
> As expected, the Sparkle update dialog appeared, although I'll note that the changelog page is difficult to read in the narrow dialog box.  You may want to create a plainer page to display for the updater.

Yeah, I know.  I'd like to be able to have a URL that contains just the HTML for the page contents (and eliminate the other clutter).  Trac should allow this, but when I looked into it, I couldn't find anything to do it.

> Sparkle then downloads the update and gives me an "Install" button.  Once I click the button, it says "An error occurred while installing the update.", which is not terribly descriptive.  Checking, I find:
> 3/16/10 10:27:56 AM	X11.bin[31126]	Sparkle Error: An error occurred while installing the update. Please try again later.
> 3/16/10 10:27:56 AM	X11.bin[31126]	Sparkle Error (continued): Couldn't find an appropriate update in the downloaded package.
> I am updating from 2.5.0_beta2 on 10.6.2

Odd.  I tested that exact update path just now.  I wonder if you were given the Leopard version.  I was told by the Sparkle developers that the setup I have should work (providing the SL update to SL users and the Leo version to Leo users).

I'll comment about this in the existing reports to them: