App signing problem

Title: App signing problem

I’m trying to sign an application for 10.5.  I’m trying to use the Verisign Certificate that we use for Windows signing.  It’s a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing certificate.

I have gotten the Certificate installed in my keychain and am trying to sign our application with it.  I’m getting the following error from codesign:

$ codesign -s 'Boingo Wireless' GoBoingo.app
GoBoingo.app: CSSMERR_TP_NOT_TRUSTED

---

Unfortunately the documentation doesn’t really cover error codes all that well, so I was wondering if anyone knows that the problem is here?

Jim Lake
Boingo Wireless