Re: Wrong source being used

Hi Steve.

On 03.08.2010 22:20, Steve Mills wrote:
No. I assumed that a totally new title would not match up with any
cached title, so it should've worked. I guess I assumed wrong. I've
reverted my changes, because there's no way I'll remember to (or
should need to) change the help book name with each new release.
devbugs says my bug is a duplicate. Hopefully it will just get fixed
in the next OS release.

I guess it will not be fixed, because Apple moved on to the "Type 3" help books and won't support old tails for a longer time. :-)

Although it doesn't look rather smooth to show the version number in the
Apple Help title, it might be a good workaround. Just try and set up your Help content creating tool in a way to integrate the app version number into the Apple Help title.

We use UDO to create Apple Help books:
http://www.udo-open-source.org/index.php?lan=en

It's no big deal here to add a macro for the app (or even manual) version number or revision and use it for the !docinfo [appletitle] command:

http://man.udo-open-source.org/en/format_hah.htm

HTH,
---UlfDunkel