Re: NSAppleScript timeout (SendToSelf) - urgent help needed

Re: NSAppleScript timeout (SendToSelf) - urgent help needed

Sadly the behaviour isn't different when i put an ignore statement around it. Interestingly enough if you do the same using Script Editor, targetting Script Editor then everything works fine. no timeout. Script Editor too seems to be an Cocoa Multi Document application using OSAKit. So tt sould is possible to what i want to do.

The possibility of deadlock issues has occured to me. E.g. a deadlock issue appears when you trigger build of xcode using SubEthaEdit - Xcode then in turn asks subethaedit about open files and this times out. this can be resolved by not waiting for the response of using the suggested ingoring statement.

However what I really want to do is execute scripts as e.g. the global applescript menu does. So there is no direct need that SubEthaEdit is the actual executor, but it has to trigger the execution. So just running the script in some external execution environment would work too for me. Hacks like running the script using an NSTask using OSAScript come to my mind, but I thought NSAppleScript would be the right way to go and handle the problematic situations for me. And again - Script Editor has a way to do it.

Best,
  dom