Address Book Related Names Search

You know how in the Address Book you can click on a related name and pop open the corresponding person's card even if the names don't match up directly? Given the value in a related name field, how can I get a list of possible matches similar to that dropdown?

I'm not sure this functionality exists natively within AppleScript, but there's got to be a way at least to hook into the cocoa bindings to use that search so that I don't have to invent my own search from scratch. Anyone have any ideas?

Is there a way to do "get all people whose name is like 'Foo'"?

-Ben