Re: Bonjour 2.0 download

Hi Glenn,

On May 2, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Glenn Olander wrote:

> I went looking at apple.com/support/bonjour to see if version 2 was available for download yet for end users (not the SDK). Not only does it not appear to be available for download yet, but, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but version 1 now seems to be gone.

We're no longer pushing Bonjour for Windows by itself as a user downloadable product.  What used to be known to end users as Bonjour for Windows is now being referred to as "Bonjour Print Services for Windows" and it includes the Bonjour Printer Wizard.  We also have the Bonjour SDK for Windows, which lets developers adopt and bundle the Bonjour core libraries in their product.  And of course other Apple products that rely on Bonjour (like iTunes, Safari, AirPort Utility) will continue to bundle the same Bonjour core libraries that are available to developers.

So it sounds like you should look at licensing the Bonjour core MSI and include it in your installer.

<http://developer.apple.com/softwarelicensing/agreements/bonjour.html#bonjourwin>

Best Regards,
-Marc