Re: Delegate Question

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 05:14 pm, John Farmer wrote:

I have a situation in my application where I have 2 different NSComboBoxes
that perform two different functions. I have also implemented the 2 of the
delegate methods for the NSComboBox control (comboBoxSelectionIsChanging, and
comboBoxSelectionDidChange), and set delegate of both of the NSComboBoxes to
my controller class. My problem is that I need to be able to able to identify
which NSComboBox object is calling the delegate, since I need to be able to do
different things in the delegate depending on the calling object. I looked in
all the usual places for answers (stepwise, cocoadev, cocoadevcentral, apple
dev list, and apple documentation), but I haven't been able to find a answer
to this seemingly common conundrum. I looked into the methods for the
NSNotification object that is passed in, and it seems to give no clue to who
the caller of the delegate is.

What about NSNotification's -object method?

Kind regards,

Alastair.