Re: Loading RTF Problem

On Oct 24, 2007, at 5:51 PM, glenn andreas wrote:

On Oct 24, 2007, at 4:38 PM, Luke Pike wrote:

Hi everybody.

I know this has been asked before, but I could not find any clear answers on the list or anything that worked.

I'm using the standard NSDocument methods for saving and loading. Saving works fine, as I can open it up in TextEdit. However, it won't load it back into my textview. Here is the code from MyDocument.m.

- (NSData *)dataRepresentationOfType:(NSString *)aType
return [textView RTFFromRange:NSMakeRange(0, [[textView string] length])];

- (BOOL)loadDataRepresentation:(NSData *)data ofType:(NSString *) aType
[textView replaceCharactersInRange:NSMakeRange(0, [[textView string] length]) withRTF:data];
return YES;

Again, saving works fine. Loading doesn't. Can some tell me why this won't work? Thanks.
- Luke

Most likely because loadDataRepresentation is called before your window (and thus "textView") is loaded.

You can load the value for your textView in windowControlDidLoad:

Glenn Andreas email@hidden
<> wicked fun!
quadrium2 | build, mutate, evolve, animate | images, textures, fractals, art

Of course! Your exactly right, Glenn. Loading works fine now. Thanks!