Adding custom view in IB

Hi,

I know how to subclass NSView to create a custom view, and add it to a window as a subview using interface builder.  But when I want to control my custom view with a viewcontroller object, both contained in a seperate nib file, I'm getting a bit confused about how I can use IB to do the same.

For now, I am adding my custom view, which is loaded from the nib file when instantiating the view controller, to another view programmatically. This works, but I find it's getting too hard having to recalculate the custom view's  frame whenever the program window size has changed.

So I would like to keep using IB to add my custom view to its "container", and benefit from the sizing and location attributes IB has to offer. How do I go about to using the custom view, its nib file and the view controller in IB? Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
--
Luc Van Bogaert
email@hidden