keylayout in Lion

I have created: /Library/Keyboard Layouts/MyVeryOwn.keylayout  (following Technical Note TN2056).
This keyboard has always been working and also works in Lion.

But:
When I press the key 'e' for a long time, there is no list of accented characters popping up.

So: what has to be added to MyVeryOwn.keylayout ?
Is there some newer documentation covering this?

Kind regards,

Gerriet.