NSPopover in NSPopover

I know this doesn┬╣t work in iOS.  Can an NSPopover have a popover?  (Nothing
mentioned either way in the docs.) I have a slider control in a popover for
movie shuttle.  Ideally, I would like to add a small popover showing the
movie frame and have it track the control.  If not, I suppose I could make
my own, but would rather not.