Re: Pointer on howto provide a /dev/node

Re: Pointer on howto provide a /dev/node

Sorry Hado, there is no interface to create /dev/... nodes without being in the kernel. We have briefly thought about user land drivers but it does present some nasty problems and hasn't reached the top of our priority lists.

On Feb 14, , at 3:05, Hado Hein wrote:

*IOSerial~ show some steps how to mount something in /dev via IOKit but that
seems to be kernel - I#d prefer a userland process.