Leopard and scripts on startup

Hi,

I've searched the archives of this and several other lists but this doesn't seem to have come up.

We currently have a Tiger network install image which runs our custom installer script (written in bash) from /etc/rc.local, outputting to the console. The windowserver is never started. I'd like to emulate this behaviour using a Leopard install and am having problems.

on a standard Leopard installer CD, /etc/rc.install /System/Library/ LaunchDaemons/com.apple.install.cd.plist is started by /System/Library/ LaunchDaemons/com.apple.install.cd.plist and should run /etc/rc.local if it exists. On my image (which started as a clone of the installer CD) this is happening, but rc.install (and thus rc.local) are running in the background. Is there any way I can cause it to run in the foreground and send it's output to the screen? Setting StandardOutPath to /dev/console in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ com.apple.install.cd.plist doesn't seem to make any difference.

Any hints as to where to look for more information would be appreciated. I've scoured the Boot process documentation on Apple's site but the possibility of running without the window server doesn't really seem to be covered.

Many thanks,

-geoff

Geoff Lee <email@hidden>
Computing Support