Re: conversion printf format to icu style format

Re: conversion printf format to icu style format

On Sep 25, 2009, at 1:31 PM, Alastair Houghton wrote:
On 25 Sep 2009, at 19:54, Terry Lambert wrote:

I don't know if anyone has done this, as I don't know of anyone who actually uses ICU in production software.

Apple? :-D

It seems to me, though, that that question might be better asked at the ICU site than on this list, since there's no vested interest here in tools to start using ICU, whereas the ICU people are the ones most likely to provide such a tool as part of advocating their library.

Well, whoever it is that works on CoreFoundation is probably interested in this kind of thing also. And the Core Text/Cocoa Text people probably are too... Not to mention some of the other framework guys (NSPredicate uses ICU as well).

I expect that if they are using ICU formatting, they've probably already got ICU formatting in their code, or it doesn't work because it doesn't have ICU formatting in it. So no converter needed there. 8-) 8-).

The only Apple use I can verify is in WebKit, which is an Open Source project. The only Apple mailing list I know that might be appropriate would be the Webkitsdk-dev list, which I would think would not be very ICU-centric.

Either way, this is not the list, and the appropriate best place to ask the question would be at:

	mailto:email@hidden

-- Terry