Re: More -LoginHook

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 5:20 PM, David Blanton wrote:

Yes, Chess does launch but I guess because it has UI the system is sitting
saying Logging In ... For 10 minutes now. I know Chess launched because it
also displays a speech widget on the screen which I can see. So do apps
launched through -LoginHook need to be headless?

Running of the -LoginHook executable is treated as a synchronous operation,
which IMHO, is its most useful feature. This means that login won't proceed until
it exits.

Experimentation in the 10.1.x era also showed that non-0 exit values would
hang loginwindow. I don't know if that is still true today, but its something to keep
in mind.

-Ed