[Fed-Talk] A fair critique of Lion Server

[Fed-Talk] A fair critique of Lion Server

http://www.infoworld.com/d/networking/why-it-wont-mac-os-x-lion-server-167787?page=0,0

I started playing with Lion Server this AM, and noticed some of these concerns myself, starting with the need to go to Apple.com to get the Server tools.  It seems Apple is positioning Lion server for home use, but their out-of-the-box configurations are not particularly useful for a common situation, where the SOHO has a fixed IP address and runs its own DNS for its domain.   Personally, I've never understood the need for print servers with networked printers, but then I'm not running a major installation (particularly a school :-) that needed to do print quotas, etc.

		dave
-----
David Emery,  703 298 3473 (c) 703 272 7496 (fax)
Supporting PdM Software Integration