Re: How to see the package contents on snow leopard.

Re: How to see the package contents on snow leopard.

Hi Dan,

In Mac OS X 10.5, Apple introduced a new format wherein the package is flattened to a single contiguous data file.
Though this new flat installation package format is compatible only with Mac OS X v10.5 or later versions, it offers several advantages over the traditional bundle-based installation packages.
In this new .pkg or .mpkg, the Show Package Content will not available from the right Click menu. However, if you have the Xcode Tools installed, you should be able to open the flat installation package with the Flat Package Editor application when you choose Open With option in the right click menu.

Regards,
Karthikeyan.