Re: iTunes Java API

Look at the file "iTunes Music Library.xml" in the /Users/you/Music/iTunes directory. If you know xml, you can use a parser to parse the file. You could use sax, dom or xslt, or even regex to get the information from the file you want. Each song has a unique number, and that number is used as references in the playlists. The playlist is at the bottom of the file.

If you want to actually look at the tag information that each mp3 file contains, go and download the JavaRadio code example for developer.apple.com. It contains a class that lets you get that information from an mp3 file.

It is not up to date, but it works.

I have a small app that goes through a bunch of mp3 files and generates a xml file with the information from the tags in the files. You can have a look at if if you want.

Niels Peter