Mac OS X10.3 and java 1.4.2_05

java version "1.4.2_05"Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-141.3)Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-38, mixed mode)

I have several networking applications that use Java NIO and I am receiving IO Exceptions and Socket Exceptions everywhere. I have made sure that
I tell the application to only use IPv4 but yet it still gives me those exceptions related to NIO. Please bear in mind that the applications
work fine for Linux, Windows and Solaris.

I tried other networking clients that do not use NIO and everything is perfectly fine.

Can you anyone help me? I believe this is an omission on my part since my development paltform is really Linux and Mac OS X.

What is am I missing to where NIO compiled applications do not work ?

Thanks,

LDB