Best way to [automated] install java 1.5 on Snow Leopard

Best way to [automated] install java 1.5 on Snow Leopard

Hi,

there was a similar topic (Snow Leopard 10.6.1 and J2SE 4 and 5 -
http://lists.apple.com/archives/java-dev/2009/Nov/msg00077.html), but
I think a new one is better, because my matter is slightly different.

Firstly, I've used this solution to install java 1.5 on Mac 10.6:
http://chxor.chxo.com/post/183013153/installing-java-1-5-on-snow-leopard
and this java version:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/application_updates/javaformacosx105update6.html

But the problem here is, I had to use 3d party shareware tool and its
not officially supported by Apple to install java 1.5 on Mac 10.6.
As far as I know its not allowed to ship java 1.5 binaries together
with your own software (which requires java 1.5 and doesn't work with
java 1.6 even in compatibility mode), so the users have to install
java 1.5 on its own.

The question is: why do you provide/allow java 1.3.1 and 1.6.0 on Snow
Leopard but not also java 1.4 and java 1.5?
There are so many software which requires either 1.4 or/and 1.5 but
also doesn't work with 1.6. I know its end of life and whatnot but why
1.6 only? Would it be not possible, Apple would allow/provide official
installers for java 1.5 for Snow Leopard?

Another question, if prev. one is not possible: is there a way to
install java 1.5 on Mac 10.6 without Pacifist? If yes, could it be
done in a automated way? If yes, is this legal from apple point of
view? Do I have to consider any additional juridical stuff when I'm
allowed to provide information to my users, how they can install java
1.5 on Mac 10.6? Do I have to cinsider another juridical stuff when
I'm allowed to script automed java 1.5 installation on Snow Leopard?

Thanks for any help,
Sergiy