Re: Shark for java 1.6

Thanks Mike and Rick.  I will file a bug.

Regards

On Jun 10, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Mike Swingler wrote:

On Jun 10, 2009, at 7:09 AM, Chris Collins wrote:

On Jun 10, 2009, at 4:48 AM, Rick Altherr wrote:

On Jun 8, 2009, at 5:44 PM, Chris Collins wrote:

Sorry if this is frequently asked question, but should one expect Shark support to ever happen for 1.6 or has it gone forever?

Best

I'm not sure what you mean. Time Profile works in 1.6 assuming you run the 32-bit VM and use the JVMTI agent. Support for the 64- bit VM is currently unplanned. If that is important for you, file bug reports.

Guess I must be mistaken, it was my understanding that -d32 for java 1.6 on leopard is not available. When I try something as simple as:

java -d32 -version

One of my cores goes to 100% and nothing is returned from the command prompt.

Sorry, that's a bug in Update 4 9M3063 - the expected response is: > Cannot run Java in 32 bit mode. Continuing in 64 bit mode.

Am I missing something?

No. Java SE 6 is only available for Mac OS X 10.5 in Intel 64-bit only, so Shark cannot support Java SE 6 on Mac OS X 10.5. As always, please file a bug at <http://bugreporter.apple.com> to let the relevant teams know about the issue and how it impacts you.

Thanks,
Mike Swingler
Java Runtime Engineer
Apple Inc.